CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The Promotion is marketed under the competition name National Vegan Survey 2020 Promotion (“the Promotion”). Information on how to enter and the prize details form part of these Conditions of Entry. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry is invalid. Entry into this Promotion and the acceptance or receipt of the prize by the winner (or the parent or guardian of the winner) is deemed as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. If the winner of the prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.I
2. The Promotion has been arranged by Cruelty Free Super Services Pty Ltd (ABN 17 641 761 686) of 56 Meagher Street, Chippendale, NSW 2008, telephone 1300 096 631 (“the Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 9.00am (AEDT) on 12 October 2020 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 5 December 2020 (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Entry into the Promotion is only open to individuals who satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
a. The individual completes the “National Vegan Survey 2020” via the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/vegansurvey2020 during the Promotion Period;
b. The individual is an Australian Resident living in Australia;
c. Neither the individual, nor a member of their immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child), are an employee of the Promoter or the Promoter’s related entities directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter); and
d. If the individual is under the age of 18, they have parent or guardian consent to participate in and win a prize in this Promotion. In addition, the parent or guardian of the individual must read and consent to these Conditions of Entry. A parent or guardian may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Promotion and winning a prize.
5. An individual that meets the Eligibility Requirements will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. If an individual wishes to complete the National Vegan Survey 2020 but does not wish to be entered into the Promotion, they should contact the Promoter on the details outlined in clause 2 above.
6. Incomplete survey entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received before the end of the Promotion Period to be valid (i.e. by 11.59pm (AEDT) on 5 December 2020).
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
9. The draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter at 12.00pm noon (AEDT) on 7 December 2020 at the offices of Cruelty Free Super Services Pty Ltd. The winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw, and their name will be published on the Cruelty Free Super website (crueltyfreesuper.com.au/competitions) on 7 December 2020. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or, if in the case the winner wishes to forfeit the prize.
10. There will be eleven (11) prizes awarded in this Promotion.
11. The first valid entry drawn will win $5,000 AUD which will be transferred as an Electronic Funds Transfer to the winner’s Australian bank account.
12. The next ten (10) valid entries drawn will win a Vegan JapanEasy cookbook valued at $50 AUD, which will be posted to the winner’s residential address.
13. The total prize pool value is $5,500 AUD.
14. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By participating in this Promotion, the winner or the winner’s parent or guardian (if the winner is aged under 18 years), agrees to the name and photo of the winner being published in the competitions section of the Cruelty Free Super website (crueltyfreesuper.com.au/competitions) and on the Cruelty Free Super Facebook page.
17. The winner must accept the prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from their prize. The winner should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
18. The winner must accept the prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from their prize. The winner should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner demonstrates their eligibility for the prize as a condition of receipt of the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
20. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not claim the prize by the time specified by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
21. If the winner fails to claim their prize by 5:00pm AEDT on 14 December 2020, then a second draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 15 December 2020, at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on the Cruelty Free Super website (crueltyfreesuper.com.au/competitions) on 15 December 2020.
22. If the winner of the second draw fails to claim their prize by 5:00pm AEDT on 22 December 2020, then the prize will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to determine if another draw will take place.
23. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion, subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
24. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its related entities and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents will not be liable for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to indirect or consequential, financial or other loss) arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by the winner or an entrant; or (e) taking and/or use of the prize.
26. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner or the winner’s parent or guardian (if the winner is aged under 18 years), must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
28. These Conditions of Entry shall be governed by the laws of Australia and each entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Australia. Authorised under ACT Permit No. TP 20/021311. Authorised under SA Permit No. T20/1157.